Longevity and Loyalty are two words that could describe Laurie Parravacini who was inducted into the SWFL Hall of Fame, last Sunday during the SWFL Grand Final.
Laurie was an administrator spanning five decades, and served remarkably under six SWFL Presidents. Laurie is still a part of Grand Final day, assisting with the set up and is always the first in the ground on the day, this year he arrived at 5.00am to ensure preparations ran smoothly before the gates opened at 7.00am.
Hours later at a function at League Headquarters, Laurie was elevated to Hall of Fame status, an honour so richly deserved.
- Has been a delegate or Executive member from 1980 – 2019
- Has served under six Presidents – Bob Black, Bernie Cunningham, John Silcock, John Bray, Kevin Lynn and Barry Tate.
- League Registrar from 1983 – 2019. Duties include registration of and records of all league, reserves and colt’s players. Records goal kickers in all grades and details of awards.
- Has been a member of the Finance Committee for the past twenty-seven years.
- Has been on the House and Maintenance Committee for 25 years.
- Has been actively involved in fixturing and match committee, Hayward Medal presentation, League presentation night and the grand final programme since 1982.
- Has been the League Team Manager at the Country Football Championships for the past 31 years which has enabled the SEFL to conduct enjoyable, trouble free and successful carnivals.
- Made a Life Member of the SWFL in 2013.
GENERAL CONTRIBUTION TO FOOTBALL
- Played his football in the Lower South West Football League where he was a premiership player with Manjimup Imperials
- During the 1980’s he was on the Fundraising Committee and Social Committee of the Boyanup Capel Dardanup Football Club (livestock agistment)