For many Junior Umpires in the SWFL, it is a great way to earn money, while at school or holding a part time job. This is true with Braeden Burton, who Boundary Umpires, is studying at school as well as playing football as well.
Burton has already umpired eight finals including a Reserves Grand Final, and is a regular in the League Boundary Umpiring Panel.
BRAEDEN BURTON – Boundary Umpire (54 games)
1. How long have you been umpiring? 4th Year of Umpiring
2. How did you get into umpiring? I love my footy, and like others who work at Maccas this is my part time job.
3. What do you eat before a game? Just food, nothing set.
4. AFL Team: Carlton
5. Why do you like umpiring? I like being involved and it helps keep me fit.
6. Why should others take up umpiring? Keep fit and you get paid, so why not!
Burton is one of 59 Boundary Umpires on the SWFL Boundary Umpiring Panel and will officiate this Sunday in the League game between Bunbury and Augusta Margaret River along side of Zac Peachey and Jack Connell.