Busselton Can Do No Wrong!

Busselton have carried on their merry way, winning their seventh straight game to start the season, when they accounted for South Bunbury on Saturday night at Sir Stewart Bovell Park.

The opening three quarters were tight and touch with the Tigers holding a slender five point lead at quarter time, before Busselton led at half time by eight points.

South Bunbury kicked the only two goals of the term, as Busselton couldn’t buy a goal, kicking six behinds.  Leigh Kohlmann put the Tigers in front nearing the final term, with the Tigers leading by a solitary behind.

After managing seven goals between them in the first three quarters, they managed seven goals between them in the last.  Mitch Howlett stole the show in the final term kicking three goals for the quarter, converting the first in the opening minute.  Jaxon East would kick another to opening the margin to twelve points before Kohlmann kicked his third goal of the match to narrow the margin to six points.  That goal would be the Tigers final score, with Mitch Howlett kicking the sealer at the seventeen minute mark as the margin became three goals.

Liam Creighton kicked a goal from a snap, follow by a goal from deep in the pocket by Brodie Howell as the Magpies defeated the Tigers by 32 points.

Busselton will host Carey Park in round eight, while South Bunbury will host Harvey Bulls in a crucial match early in the season.

Match Centre
Busselton  1.3.9  3.5.23  3.11.29  9.14.68
South Bunbury  2.2.14  2.3.15  4.6.30  5.6.36

Goals:  Busselton – Mitch Howlett 3, Liam Creighton 1, Beau Chinnery 1, Jaxon East 1, Brodie Howell 1, Austin Styles 1.  South Bunbury – Leigh Kohlmann 3, Ethan Nordahl 1, Kade Wallrodt 1.
Best:  BusseltonAustin Styles, Damian Lee, Zac Pethybridge, Bailey Sanford, Ethan Bowman, Kester Decke.  South Bunbury – Lachlan Princi, Jack Wright, Kaz Black, Blake Piggott
Ground:  Sir Stewart Bovell Park
Umpires:  Ben Whitehill, Damien O’Donoghue, Cameron Valenti
Reports:  Nil
Crowd:  626

Jackson Arbon being chaired from the ground after playing his 200th game. All photos courtesy of Sharyn Newlands.