One of the most experienced umpires in the SWFL, Damien O’Donoghue says the Camaraderie amongst the umpiring group is great, and is one things he loves about umpiring in the SWFL.
This weekend is the Community Umpiring Round with this week an emphasis on our local umpires.
1. Number of years umpiried: 10 years (167 Games)
2. Why did you take up umpiring? My Dad umpired football in Perth, and as a teen I started umpiring Juniors football to earn some extra pocket money
3. AFL Team: Fremantle Dockers
4. What do you eat before a match? No set food routine before a game, but I always drink plenty of water and have a Berocca
5. What do you like best about umpiring? I love the game of football and I find it a great way of being involved in the game. We also have great camaraderie among the umpiring group.
6. Why should people take up umpiring? Umpiring is a great opportunity to get involved in football, gain some fitness and meet a great, supportive group of people, from all walks of life.
A presentation will be made before each League match in this round of the SWFL.