Hawks Through To The Reserves Grand Final

Augusta Margaret River have held off Harvey Bulls to make their way into the Reserves Grand Final, with a hard fought four point win at Gloucester Park on Saturday afternoon before a big crowd.

In an even opening quarter the Bulls kicked the first two goals through Trent Murdoch and Cody Garlett, before Cody Rodgers kicked two goals to put the Hawks in front.

The second quarter belonged to the Bulls who kicked five goals, with Murdoch kicking his second to have the margin at seventeen points at half time.

In contrast, the Bulls were kept scoreless in the third quarter as the Hawks struck back with Rodgers kicking his third goal, before Nicholas Gray put the home team back in front, and when Mitchell Pidgeon goaled, the Hawks were up by ten points.

Augusta Margaret River kicked two quick goals to start the final quarter via Grant Garstone and Henry Shawcross to have the margin at seventeen points.  The Bulls then fought back and when Jordan Richards converted twice in a minute the margin was back to five points.  Both teams kicked on further goal, but it would be the Hawks who would prevail to make their first Reserves Grand Final since 2011.  The Harvey Bulls will now play either Bunbury or South Bunbury in the Preliminary Final next Sunday.


Aug Marg River  2.5.17  4.5.29  8.9.57  11.10.76
Harvey Bulls  2.0.12  7.4.46  7.4.46  11.6.72

Goals:  Augusta Margaret River – Cody Rodgers 3, James Purvis 2, Henry Shawcross 2, Grant Garstone 1, Nicholas Gray 1, Thomas McDonald 1, Mitchell Pidgeon 1.  Harvey Bulls – Jordan Richards 3, Aaron Faulkner 2, Trent Murdoch 2, Cody Garlett 1, Cameron Penny 1, Dylan Trickett 1.
Best:  Augusta Margaret RiverKane Oldham, Areef Walker, Egan MacShane, Cody Rodgers, Regan Johnston, James Purvis.  Harvey Bulls – Dean Miller, Cameron Penny, Jordan Richards, Ethaniel Bolton, Aaron Faulkner, Shaun Maher.
Ground:  Gloucester Park
Umpires:  Graeme Durward, Rob Witten, Braden Surrall
Reports: Nil
Crowd: 1076

Cody Rodgers kicked three goals in the Hawks four point win.